Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick
Kziaznice, a village divided into two sections, one called “Małe” (Small) and the other “Wielkie” (Large), lies in the county of Bochnia, and is situated on both sides of the Raba river. In the late 1800s, it belonged to the Catholic Church and parish in the village of Chełm. The post office was in Gdów. Ksiąźnice Małe sits on the right bank of the Raba river; Ksiąźnice Wielkie on the left bank. There is a small stream called Gnoj, which flows through the center of Ksiąźnice Wielkie. Ksiąźnice W. and Ksiąźnice M. are connected by a beautiful iron bridge built on stone pillar supports. Due to the width of the river bed, the bridge is quite long.
The Catholic population of Ksiąźnice numbered 624 souls. There were two large farmsteads, one of which covered 17 morgen  of farmland, while the other consisted of 603 morgen of land. The soil on the river bank is somewhat slimy, but very fertile. Ksiąźnice borders the villages of Łęźkowice and Chełm on the north, Pierzchów and Nieszkowice to the south, Gierzyce on the east, and Cichawą on the west. N.B. Since 1925, Ksiąźnice belongs to the Sacred Heart Church and parish in Łęźkowice.
↑  One morgen of land is ~2.116 acres. Ed.